Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday Filet Mignons

Lazy Sunday over here. I did cook and interesting dinner so here are some pictures. I may hold off on a market post until tomorrow after food coma.

Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon
This is not a difficult recipe to make, but comes out very nice.

Got your filet's covered in pepper and sea salt:

Wrap them up with some bacon, used toothpicks to hold the strips together:

Heat up a stainless steel pan so it's good and hot, then sear away:
About 2 minutes on each side, then slide the whole thing into an oven at 425 degrees.

The smaller ones took about 10 minutes to finish up, the larger ones took 15 minutes. Out of the oven:

On the plate ready to eat with white asparagus:
Came out pretty good but I had thick cut bacon and I think it would be best to use regular sliced bacon.

Have a good night.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's right, torture the man who doesn't eat steak anymore!

Jennifer Hillier said...

These look even better now that I'm viewing the pics on my desktop.

Yum. Your family is lucky to eat so well!