Monday, January 24, 2011

Homework Night

It was negative two degrees here this morning (-2)! That's all I have to say.

Homework Night
Seeing that I did no work all weekend I am going to do some screening tonight and look for some new trading ideas. I will be using the iBankCoin PPT as well as their secondary offering the 12631. I will update later if I come across something I am putting to work.

For a couple of great philosophical missives here are two I really liked this wee:

Jesse opines on rampant fraud and corruption in things economic.

Ilargi talks about unemployment and another FED trick to hide losses for all time.

Update
I sold EW tonight for a 6% gain. I still like the chart but this company seems hell bent on buying something soon so I will sidestep that drop for now.

Update again
Screening for two hours now. Not much standing out to me. Going to review TRCR, ABCO, and PBTH. I like TRCR the most but no hurry as the setup may take a bit.

TRCR, do you see what I see?:


Have a good night.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Going to review TRCR, ABCO, and PBTH. I like TRCR the most but no hurry as the setup may take a bit."

These symbols are meaningless to me. Im not used to thinking of stock symbols as viable investment options yet.

Hey, maybe you need to research and invest in: TPTB, TBTF, POMO, TARP, etc. :)

EconomicDisconnect said...

Anon,
indeud that's true! Still some stocks are POMO-MOMO and others are TBTF or under the TARP. I could link charts but that might get annoying.

Anonymous said...

that should be, whatever companies whose stock symbols are TPTB, TBTF, POMO, TARP, etc...

Jake said...

brutal game my friend. thinking i should be on team AFC, but kind of want the black and gold to get trounced

EconomicDisconnect said...

Jake,

I am 100% LONG Packers in that game.

EconomicDisconnect said...

To add,

Screw the Patriots!

GawainsGhost said...

I too am way long Packers in this Super Bowl. Usually I follow the traditional line of allegiance--team, division, conference--although on occasion I go the other way. The Raiders were my AFC team in the 70s, and I wanted the Patriots to beat the Rams, but was glad when they lost to the Giants.

Aaron Rodgers is playing out of his mind football right now. Although he took a step back against Chicago, I think he'll be ready to go against Pittsburgh. He's had it tough, having to follow an icon. Much like Danny White, who had to follow Staubach. White was a very good quarterback, took a subpar team in decline to the championship three years in a row, but he just couldn't take them all the way. Rodgers has done that, against all odds, so I want him to win.

Plus, I hate the Steelers. Something about Super Bowls X and XIII.

Anyway, since I don't play the stock market, I don't know what to look for in a chart. I can read one, see how the price is trending, but I just don't play in the market, because the trend is not your friend.

A word of caution, GYC. Our accountant went completely bankrupt last year day trading stocks. He lost everything. The bank foreclosed on all of his properties, including his mineral rights (which are hard to come by in the first place). Then he filed our tax returns late, which slapped us each with a $1500 penalty on top of the taxes owed.

I guess he didn't know what he was doing. But, hey, if you know the game, play it. I just think you should proceed with caution.

The only thing I know about investing is this. It's all about safety of principal and adequacy of return. The return of money is more important than the return on money. Great fortunes have been won and lost in the stock market.

Caveat emptor, my friend.

GawainsGhost said...

Oh, and by the way, I got another book recommendation for you, GYC. Amarillo Slim in a World of Fat People. Greatest proposition gambler who ever lived.

EconomicDisconnect said...

Thanks Gawains!

You know I am major risk averse. I evening trade, so it's safer than daytrading, Ha!

I am being pretty careful, but it is fun to try some new ideas.