Thursday, September 1, 2011

News and Notes

4 Day weekend on the way! I have tomorrow off, but that is for yard clean up. Should take all day so in a way not a vacation day. Love working outside though so it's more like half a day. Good enough.

News and Notes
Not much to add this week. The ISM came in at 50.6, which was higher than expected. I had guessed 51 this morning on Twitter but I did not win anything. The jobs numbers tomorrow may be bad, but who knows. To be honest looking forward to September and leaving August behind market wise.

I need a fresh look and this weekend should provide that. I have a few ideas on where things are going and some ways to play it and I will be covering that after the weekend.

The Big Picture Conference
I will be attending The Big Picture Conference in New York City this year. The date is October 11th, and the place is the New York Athletic Club. My first trip to NYC! If you are of a mind to learn what market players like:
Josh Brown
Barry Ritholtz
Howard Lindzon
James Bianco
James Altucher
Aaron Task
...and many others think, this is the show for you. Early registration tickets at $495 are still available. After that it is the full price at $900. Now all I have to do is figure a way to dodge any cameras for a few days while I am there....

Jake at EconomPic
My man Jake has come out of retirement like Ali or Leonard it seems. I will update blogroll soon, but if you are not stopping in there, you are missing stuff:
EconomPic

Mark of Illusion of Prosperity
My oldest blogger friend is certainly Mark. We even had the same site layout (coincidence!) for a long time. Anyway, Mark has been red hot as of late so why not stop on by:
Illusion of Prosperity

Have a good night.

7 comments:

Jake said...

Ha... thanks for the shout out!

I wish I was still in NYC, I'd show you around on your visit.

EconomicDisconnect said...

I am going to need some help for sure! Thanks for stopping in Jake.

Watchtower said...

Did you see this GYSC?

http://tinyurl.com/3m5ejc8

I'm thinking this sucks.

Watchtower said...

Why would George Lucas change this?
Granted it's not as bad as doing a remake of Conan The Barbarian, but still...

The Sovereign Bohemian said...

Have fun at The Big Picture Conference...and your 4 day weekend!

Jennifer Hillier said...

I think you'll have a great time in NYC. Sounds like a fabulous conference.

Hope the cleanup goes well tomorrow. Happy long weekend!

GawainsGhost said...

For Friday Night Entertainment, I renew my recommendation for David Bowie, "Diamond Dogs."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36lWAcY9IXE

Hell of a song, with great piano work.