Sunday, September 25, 2011

Slow Sunday

I wanted to say thank you to everyone that was so supportive and kind with Friday's post. It means a lot to me to have friends like I do. Makes things easier. Thanks again.

Slow Sunday
I could not believe how many mistakes the New England Patriots made today. I have to give huge credit to the Buffalo Bills, they were down early but just kept coming. To be fair, the Patriots left about 20 points on the field with all the turnovers in red zone. Bizarre game. The Raiders beat the Jets tonight, so at least that is good.

By this time tonight I had imagined there would be some announced bailout plan for the Euro crisis, but as of now still nothing. Market futures are creeping up so maybe news breaks later tonight. In any case it's still more of a watch and see kind of market, I don't feel any real desire to jump in.

Silver is crashing again and silver drops have led market drops for a few months now. If silver gets to the $25 area, I will be thinking about playing it on the long side.

Slow Sunday here, trying to relax and get ready for the week. Check out this hilarious video I saw on YouTube though, Darth Vader vs Batman:


Have a good night.

5 comments:

The Sovereign Bohemian said...

Have a good one, GYSC.

EconomicDisconnect said...

You too Sov!

GawainsGhost said...

Yeah, I watched that game. It is hard to lose a 21-point 1st quarter lead. But, like I always say, it's harder to maintain a lead than it is to gain momentum.

Still, I don't think Brady lost the game. 4 interceptions is hard to overcome, but that doesn't happen very often. I think the defense lost the game, by not putting pressure on Fitzpatrick. In this league, you give just about any quarterback time to throw and he's going to complete passes.

The Bills showed poise that they haven't had for decades. They're learning to win, but it's a long season.

Not so for the Texans, who are behind on the learning curve for winning. The don't know how to close.

As for my Cowboys, well, we'll find out tonight. Players injured or coming off injuries include the quarterback, both receivers, several linemen including the center, the running back, both cornerbacks, and the kicker. Not exactly the condition you want to be in for the season home opener.

Watchtower said...

I bought some Ag, but kept some powder dry in case it goes lower.
Looks like it hit $26 overnight in the Asian market before moving back up a bit.

I can't see that they have fixed anything, or for that matter ever will.

I'm wrong a lot though.

EconomicDisconnect said...

Was thinking about it myself Watchtower. Tomorrow is key if there is follow through there is a ton of short money on silver so it could run.