Friday, September 16, 2011

Freeroll Friday

It was a long week, ready for the weekend.

"The Unlimited Dollar Funding Machine"
Somehow I missed this last night, but first thing this morning when I loaded up The Reformed Broker I was very excited to see last night's post shown as well as some really kind words:
The Unlimited Dollar Funding Machine
I am not going to lie, this made my whole week, so cool.

Friday Night Entertainment
Bringing the fun stuff since 2007.

Making the Robot Future Happen
What is this? Now the bots will be able to self-replicate?:
ROBOTS OF THE FUTURE: Scientists Create Living Cells Out Of Inorganic Metals
The robot apocalypse is coming at some time, and it's later than you think.

Picture Time
It's better than GTL even.

Go Edgar!:
guidos bros douchebags fratboys - The Return of Edgar Allen Bro
see more funny videos, and check out our Yo Dawg lols!

One cupcake to rule them all:
demotivational posters - MY PRECIOUSSSS
see more Very Demotivational

Film Clips
Even if you have NFLX shares, I am sure it will be ok in the end. Kidding.

Adrian Brody is magnificent in the film "The Jacket" and no it's not just a chick flick. Take a look:

Check it out.

By the magic of YouTube, all the two dollars scenes from "Better Off Dead":


Rock Blogging
The most fun since they sliced the bread for you.

Reader and writer David Batista almost got all the pictures correct from the "Bull vs. Bear" post and being a true Highlander fan his request was for Queen's "Princes of the Universe":

Great pick! Hoping to catch David for a drink when I am in NYC in October.

Loyal reader Gawains was looking for some Meatloaf and who can say no? Remember "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights"?:

Nice! Book Review??? LOL

This video came up as related to an Ozzy clip I was watching (big surprise!) and I think I am in love! Please take a listen to JulietteVmusic and a nasty good cover on guitar of "Bark at the Moon":

Wow! Do me a favor, if you have a YouTube account please go and "like" this clip.

Get rocked with Evanescence and "Bring me to Life":


Have not had this one up in a bit, but I was wanting some saxaphone! Quarterflash and "Harden My Heart":

Nice!

Two songs left!

My friend Jennifer Hillier joked about a song, but of course I knew the tune! Who has not heard Kenny Roger's classic "Lucille"?:

Grew up singing Kenny Rogers tunes as my Dad played his guitars.

Last song, get a drink!

For a Friday night I am serious about this. My man Josh Brown wrote a piece today (Trading in the Queen's Hamlet) that is required reading for all. This hits all the reasons why I really stopped going full power against things, one person just cannot fight the tide. But that is the easy way to go. We all need to do more. Anyways, the write up made me think, and then it made me sort of angry, in a good way. Let's close the show with Rage Against the Machine and their amazing cover of "Ghost of Tom Joad":

Indeud.

Have a good night.

12 comments:

David Batista said...

Oh my GAWD! That song so ****-ing rocks! Thanks so much, GYSC. I'm sitting here, head banging with a big grin on my face. :)

EconomicDisconnect said...

My man!!! (nohomo) its a twitter thing. We having drinks on Oct 9 or what?

Anonymous said...

I Want My $2...classic throwback to a movie I watched a lot.

GravestoneDoji

The Sovereign Bohemian said...

Great job G. I really liked Kenny Rogers. Sorry I was so late to the party. Have a good weekend.

ppearlman said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XIUcRnMoU8&feature=related

fuckyeh

David Batista said...

Dude, but OF COURSE we're having drinks! I forgot to mention that in my original comment, oops. :)

EconomicDisconnect said...

Wow a Phil Pearlman visit! Good pick, that girl is some axe player!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Better Off Dead is a classic.
Looking forward to your picks for the blogfest on Monday!

EconomicDisconnect said...

Alex, thanks for reminding me! Should be fun.

GawainsGhost said...

I'm working on the book review. It's difficult, because I don't want to give too much away. I do want people to buy this book, because it is a good read. I don't normally read books in this genre, but my mother does and she loved it. That's the highest praise there is.

EconomicDisconnect said...

No prob Gawains!

Jennifer Hillier said...

My dad played Kenny Rogers tunes, too. Wow, haven't thought of that in years.

Thanks, Gawains! That is the greatest compliment. :)