Thursday, September 29, 2011

Best of the Web Thursday

I had a dentist appointment today, and then some things to do this evening. A bit short on time, so let's see what's good on the web for market commentary.

Get requests submitted for Friday Night Entertainment as well, or I will play all Ozzy tunes.

Best of the Web Thursday
What's worth a look from yesterday to today.

From The Armo Trader, you HAVE to see this chart. It's perfect:
Market Action Over The Past 2 Months

The Reformed Broker took a ton of notes during a lunch with guru Jeffrey Gundlach that you may want to review:
Notes from the DoubleLine Lunch with Jeffrey Gundlach

Robert Sinn tells you some truth, that "This market is here to fool you and take your money", and more here:
How NOT to Trade This Market

The Fly notes that whenever the S&P has been down 5 months in a row, rallies tend to happen. But what about the Chinese slowdown????:
Insane S&P Losing Streak

Leigh Drogen talks about Facebook's new updates, and if you use Facebook you MUST read this article. Facebook may use your searching/viewing habits to compile your public profile for you, without asking:
Facebook’s Open Graph and the Curation of Your Image

While not as historical or cool as the old time ZL-1's, The first 2012 ZL-1 Camaro was auctioned off for $250,000:
First 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 goes for $250,000 at auction

Added:
Shameless plug, but tonight I posted that Apple Inc is worth more than four American Civil Wars (and don't miss it's worth more than 2 Apollo Space Programs!):
Things Apple is Worth More Than

Have a good night.

10 comments:

Jennifer Hillier said...

That article by Leigh Drogen is enlightening and frightening at the same time. I agree with his thoughts on Facebook vs. Twitter... and my conclusion is that I would like to get off Facebook altogether, but I'm sure that would not make my publisher or publicists very happy.

Food for thought.

EconomicDisconnect said...

Just fearful that Facebook would see my "other" searches, like "how to donate free time to charity" and other things and use it in my profile....

Anonymous said...

I recommend:

virtualization
sandboxing
preboot OS cd/dvds
truecrypt
Linux - any distros

Reduce your digital footprint...

The future isn't going to be pretty and you don't want to be seen.

Mask, OBFUSCATE, LEAVE NO TRACES

G

PS: We now return to your regularly scheduled BLOG comment.

EconomicDisconnect said...

Lt G sir!!! You need to email me with all that info!! Good to se you, please dont be a stranger. Lead off Friday night, its yours!

David Batista said...

Nothing wrong with playing all Ozzy tunes! I humbly ask that Hellraiser be on that playbill, though. :)

GawainsGhost said...

Yeah, that Facebook article is creepy. I certainly don't want some social network site spying on me. They might find out things they don't want to know, about real estate that is.

Speaking of which, you know, I read all these blogs about real estate, and I can tell you for a fact that most of them don't know anything about real estate. They just want to bitch about realtors.

Hello! The seller sets the price. The agent has no choice but to follow his or hers client's instructions. Every home owner thinks a house is worth more that it really is, usually because of some bogus appraisal.

I do my research, inspect the house, and offer a price opinion. This is what I can reasonably sell this house for. "Oh, no, my house is worth much more than that." In your dreams.

The only thing that concerns me is what I can sell the house for. I mean, I'm the one who has to pay for marketing, advertising, signage, and all that, not to mention board membership and MLS dues. It doesn't benefit me to list a house at a price it will not sell for. But I have to follow the instructions of my client. That's a money losing proposition if there ever was one.

Oh, and anyone who would pay $250,000 for a Camaro is an idiot.

The Sovereign Bohemian said...

All Ozzy sounds good to me G, but I thought of an old one by Bobby Bare called Food Blues that you ought to hear at least once. Don't know if you'd want to post it. It could be your comedy relief, if nothing else.

So glad the weekend is almost here!

EconomicDisconnect said...

David, that was a good flick. Sent you an email about meeting up in NYC.

Gawains, well it was for charity, the Camaro sale. lol.

GawainsGhost said...

Well, charity or not, $250,000 for a Camaro is idiocy. I could buy a house for that much money, a nice house, and it would depreciate nearly as much.

Anyway, I continue my recommendation for Black Sabbath on Friday Night Entertainment. First it was "Lord of This World," which is a great song. Then it was "Rock n Roll Doctor," which is another great song. Now it's "Never Say Die."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq5Ejw42Yog

That was the 8-track that was still playing in my car when the ambulace arrived. A la Soliel.

Just to remain true.

GawainsGhost said...

*ambulance*

Good grief, I can't even spell.