Friday, June 17, 2011

Lighter Fare After a Long Week

I had some stomach bug all last night and it was not fun. Not much sleep so had to take the day off. Feeling much better and ready to post on Friday night.

Market Observations
Another tough week in the markets on the long side. The big bounce came and went a couple of times and today's action was muted on Option Expiration day.

My picks from Sunday night would have done ok, and my #1 pick, BKH, would have been a solid winner if I had picked some up early in the week,and sold mid-day today:
Those are not actual positions, but the Freestockcharts default setting. Oh well, what can you do! Dang BKH.

Anyways, plenty of Greek drama this weekend and Monday should be interesting. TRB had this scary historical note on June Triple Witching days:
June Triple Witching – the Aftermath’s a Bitch
The June stats are so bad, in fact, I ask you to consider this as being something more than just data mining - The week after a June Triple Witching Week has been negative for the Dow Jones Industrials 19 out of the last 19 years.
Yikes.

Until Sunday, that's all the market stuff I want to write about.

Friday Night Entertainment
Starting the show to end the week.

A Little Help
My friend over at The Big Steel Keg cooking site, Boat-n-BBQ, is a real nice guy. Not only does he make the most killer dog treats (Lose a Finger Dog Treats, reviewed previously) but now he is doing a great thing for the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA). He is part of a nifty fund raising idea where the person's "bail" is set and you have to donate in order to get them out! Pretty cool! I have donated (anonymously, my name will not show up on the list so ha!) and I would ask readers to swing on over to the site:
Boats Bail Money
If you can help, anything is great. If you have gained value by reading this site, step on over and donate a few dollars to a worthy cause. Thanks so much all.

This is So Funny
Caught this video when I was watching Kevin Harvick wins on YouTube. While I don't think the language is that great (a bit rough) it is hilarious to see when Dale Earnhardt Jr. runs out of gas on the final turn at Charlotte and Harvick sweeps up the win this lady is soooo pissed!:

Hee hee.

Funny Pictures
This one is great:
Party Fails - When I'm Drunk, I Can Do Wizard Magic
see more After 12

NO BOND HOLDER HAIRCUTS, BLAAAAAA!:
photobomb that guy - Hey Barack, Imma Let You Finish...
see more This is Photobomb
No worries, it's a soft restructure.

Film Clips
Let's see what's worth seeing.

How about making sure you have seen The Outsiders! Here is the rumble scene:

Patrick Swayze, Rob Lowe, Tom Cruise, Diane Lane, Emilio Estevez, C Thomas Howell, Ralph Macchio, just unreal!

How about when Darth Vader comes to the second Death Star? "The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am!". How forgiving is that exactly?:

Classic.

Rock Blogging
Rocking the blogosphere since 2007!

Reader C-T pings me with a request for Train and "Drops of Jupiter" and it is a good one:

Nice.

Reader Gawains (who owes me a RE report, lol!) was looking for a little Head East with "Never Been any Reason":

I have never heard that tune, very cool!

How about some 80's hair band! Here is White Lion and "Wait":


Seems my interest in old Ice-T rap caught fire as the tune "Party People" from the original Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo is now on the Tube:

So classic.

Added:
chessNwine wanted some Richard Marx and what my best chart man wants he gets! How about "Hazard" my one and only favorite from Marx:


I got two left.

"The Boxer" by Simon and Garfunkel is one of my all time favorites:

Very pretty.

Last call!

It is Father's Day this weekend and I do wish all the Dads out there a great day! Father's Day is not a good time for me. My own Dad, who taught me how to fish, how to work on the railroad, how to stay strong when things get bad, how to not let anyone bother you, and how debt is always bad in whatever form, died in 1996 (has it been that long?). I miss him every day. I don't whitewash all his shortcomings, but the good outweighed the bad by far. Anyways, here is my Dad's song, John Denver's "Country Roads" as the pops was pure West Virginia:

Thanks Dad.

Have a good night.

4 comments:

David Batista said...

Hey, loving the redesign! The wider margins are way better.

Jennifer Hillier said...

Really loving the new look.

I just listened to The Boxer. Always makes me sad :(

EconomicDisconnect said...

Thanks David! Cleans it up a bit I think.

JH, one of my all time favorites tunes.

CT-Hilltopper said...

nice look on your site!

Much brighter.

Glad you liked "Drops of Jupiter". It's my favorite song.

That says a lot for the song, you know! LOL