Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rebooted

Short on time so a random post.

Rebooted
As a huge film fan, I like to see all kinds of things. What annoys me though is when Hollywood goes on a binge of remakes or "reboots" for films we have already seen. Sometimes they can work, the new Batman films are amazing, but mostly they come up far short of the original. Here is a list of the many reboots/remakes at least in the works:

The Amazing Spiderman

What happened to Toby Maguire?

Red Dawn 2011

This should be 100% stupid. The original is a wonderful film.

Conan the Barbarian 2011
Original cannot be beaten.

GK Films Planning Tomb Raider Reboot
I have not seen any Tomb Raider films, but another reboot.

Oh no:
Arnold Offered Predator and The Running Man Remakes

EconomicDisconnect just might quit his job in order to protest 24/7 the very possibility that this could happen:
"Twilight" Scribe Melissa Rosenburg Writing 'Highlander' Remake
No, no and NO!!!

There are more, see a Wikipedia list here.

At a time when every single comic character is getting a film (Thor looks insanely stupid) whats left but a bunch of reboots and remakes? Come on, we need some new ideas!

Have a good night.

6 comments:

David Batista said...

Yeah, but the Highlander reboot is the one that's got me the most hopping mad. How DARE they! Highlander is my number 1 favorite film and tv franchise of all time! Well, when I say "film", I'm only talking about the first one. :)

Still, I can see Highlander being done right . . . if someone like me were behind the project. But then, someone like me would leave it alone because there's nothing to improve. Ergo, the people behind this are not like me, and therefore this movie is going to SUCK!

Damn you, Hollywood scum!

EconomicDisconnect said...

Wow David, Highlander is my fav film too and I thought the series was epic as well. If they remake the movie I fear all the magic will be lost.

David Batista said...

Oh man, I can't believe you're such a big fan, too! I've written so much about this series on my blog over the years. If you loved the show, you should definitely check out the two tours of Paris I made in 2009 and 2010, where I went around finding all the filming locations I could manage to discover on my own. This despite the fact that I didn't speak a lick of French. It's one of my most popular series of posts to this day:

http://davidjbatista.blogspot.com/2009/03/my-self-guided-highlander-tour-of-paris.html

Hope you enjoy! :)

EconomicDisconnect said...

WOWZA! I am so featuring that post on Friday night! I knew all the locations! Lucky dog!

David Batista said...

Cool! And I hope you got a chance to check out Part 2 of that tour, which I did a year later on a return trip to Paris. There was a link to it at the end of the first tour.

Jieqbsg said...

Cool! And I hope you got a chance to check out Part 2 of that tour, which I did a year later on a return trip to Paris. There was a link to it at the end of the first tour.