Monday, March 7, 2011

The Rare Amazon Jungle Animal Market Correction

If I have to keep seeing the 'WINNING' meme for much longer I may scream.

Blade Runner Sequels and Prequels?
Mixed feelings on this news item:
Blade Runner Sequels and Prequels Happening
The iconic science fiction film Blade Runner, based on a book by Philip K. Dick and directed by Ridley Scott, will be followed up with sequels and prequels soon. Variety reports that Alcon Entertainment is in final discussions to secure film, TV and franchise rights to produce prequels and sequels based on Scott's 1982 science fiction masterpiece. Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson, the film producers from Alcon negotiating for the rights, told Variety they're in the early stages of sorting out how to proceed and were not sure if Ridley Scott would be involved.
I am excited but I hope they don't do a crappy job. Who can forget the "I've seen Things" scene:

Classic.

Market Operations
I reviewed a ton of stocks last night but I could not find anything too appealing. I did open a position in SIL (Global X Silver Miners ETF) as it has been lagging the basic silver ETF SLV and I am thinking it may catch back up:

Of course SLV might just drop back down to meet SIL but I figured take a shot.

I went with tiny positions in some lotto names that may be fun to watch:
MGH
EGI
HRZ
These are not long term holds and stops are set pretty tight.

QE3 and Silver at $50?
I was wondering when a FED member would start massaging markets with QE3 hot oil. It was Dennis Lockhart today who opined that higher oil due to QE2 and unrest in the middle east brought about by high food prices due to QE2 would require QE3. One trick ponies over at the FED.

Silver I think could run to $50 as I do not think $40 is an important psychological barrier. Gold is still lagging a bit behind.

The Rare Amazon Jungle Animal Correction
There has been plenty of hand wringing and discussion about the coming "correction" that every single trader sees coming yet fails to materialize. For all the turning and burning the S&P 500 is still sitting pretty over 1300 and safe from a technical standpoint. The Nasdaq had a "Uh Oh" moment today but ended the day in ok shape. So what gives? Buying the dip has not been working as of late and a correction becomes less likely the more key support holds the line.

You need to get David Attenborough's voice in your head and hear him explain The Rare Amazon Jungle Animal Correction:
Here on the banks of the Amazon River, deep in the jungles that man has yet to fully explore, we are on the look out for a ghost. A rumor. A myth. Local people have reported for years a seldom seen and never before photographed creature that has eluded documentation, yet lives on in the minds of the people; The Rare Amazon Jungle Animal Market Correction.

We found a local villager who told us his tale of glimpsing the animal. Here are the words of Ralph through a translator:
'I came around the corner of the river and there it was, a market closing beast clearly under the 50 day moving average! My grandfather once saw a 20 moving day version, but none of us believed him. Before I could do anything the beast was gone into the forest.'

Using state of the art night vision cameras, motion detectors, and infrared photography, we hope to once and for all get evidence that such a creature exists. Join me, David Attenborough, for an hour where we hunt one of natures most elusive animals, The Amazon Jungle Animal Market Correction.

At this point I wish markets would either go up big or break down. This running in circles stuff is boring, it's almost like a normal market with all the back and forth!

Have a good night.

6 comments:

Jake said...

qe3... perhaps the fed can just pump money into the economy by monetizing oil. jeez.

EconomicDisconnect said...

Hey Jake!

Yeah, some how the FED sees no issues with how they operate. How another QE round makes oil cheaper to any real perso I have no idea but I am a hack after all.

Thanks so much for stopping in.

David Batista said...

I don't have a problem with a prequel or sequel of Blade Runner. It's not a remake, at least. And let's be honest, the original movie will always be there regardless. Still, what I don't have high hopes for is that Hollywood will be able to do this property justice. They'll obviously have to change the timeline a bit since we're only a few years away from the original year date -- and still no flying cars! :)

Jennifer Hillier said...

Now I have an urge to watch Blade Runner again... do I own it? I'll have to check.

As long as they make a "winning" sequel or prequel, I'm game.

(Sorry, couldn't resist...)

EconomicDisconnect said...

They are remaking Conan The Barbarian, so they best stay away from Blade Runner.

Now I must scream....

Chris Morris said...

You guys present there are performing an excellent job.Animal market trends