Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

I wanted to extend a Merry Christmas to everyone today. For me the only thing bigger than Christmas is some one's birthday, but Christmas is my favorite holiday by far. It is almost enough to make me like winter just a little.

Our tradition here is to open all the presents between the wife and I on Christmas Eve after a Chinese food dinner and so it is again this year. We will have company on Christmas day and I have a nice 7 pound Prime Rib Roast going on the Big Steel Keg tomorrow. I will try and grab a few pictures.

I wanted to say thanks to all the great readers, visitors, and friends that stop by and make this site so much fun. Readers like Watchtower are one in a million and Gawains always can surprise you with his literary talents. I do plan on getting back into things in the New Years so we can all try and make a few bucks.

Merry Christmas again and thanks everyone.

Have a Great Christmas Weekend!

15 comments:

zydecopaws said...

Merry Christmas back at you and yours. Check back this evening and you can get Prime Rib tips; I've got one on Bubba Ho-Keg as we speak.

EconomicDisconnect said...

Awesome Zydecopaws! Yes, I was just trolling old posts looking for some ideas.

GawainsGhost said...

Ribs for Christmas? Sacrilege!

Not really. I usually think of a nice ham for Christmas, but my mother went out and bought a turkey. Didn't we just have that for Thanksgiving?

"It's Christmas!" she exclaimed.

Okay, right, whatever. Just give me a liter of whiskey, and I'll be happy.

CT-Hilltopper said...

Merry Christmas GYSC!

EconomicDisconnect said...

Thanks Mark!

Merry Christmas to you C-T! Hope you are feeling good.

Gawains, mske sure you eat BEFORE that liter of Whiskey!

watchtower said...

Merry Christmas!

GawainsGhost said...

I always eat before I drink. It's just that sometimes my meal contains more whiskey and beer than it does meats and vegetables.

I found it strange that my mother bought a turkey. I mean, we got like two pounds of chicken. So I was thinking of fried or broiled chicken, maybe barbequed. Or some spaghetti, or chili with beans.

Something along those lines, since the relatives won't be arriving until after Christmas. But it is the holidays, and she does what she does.

I have to live with it. Just give me a liter, and I'll be happy.

But, ribs? Man, you got me really thinking about dinner.

EconomicDisconnect said...

Well I said Rib Roast, as in Prime Rib slow cooked on lump charcoal. No ribs for Christmas!

Make sure you all check out No Excusues BBQ (on blogroll) for an example!

Dave in Denver said...

Merry Christmas back at ya GYC!

You might get a Patriots/Saints Super Bowl

au soleil levant said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

watchtower said...

Are you getting any snow in your neck of the woods GYSC?

We had a white Christmas this year, I can probably count on one hand how many times that has happened here since I was born.

watchtower said...

I have no idea why my 'handle' is lit up, must have hit the wrong button?

watchtower said...

You have got to see this trailer for the new 'Cowboys vs Aliens' movie that is coming out this summer:

http://tinyurl.com/35ouzqj

Anonymous said...

Robots taking over South Korean schools!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101228/tc_afp/skoreaphilippinesroboteducationtechnologyoffbeat_20101228051921

EconomicDisconnect said...

Hello all!

Indeed, we got about a foot of snow here and the drama for traveling was funny. Luckily I am off all week and have been enjoying time off.

I will have some news in a post up this week that should be fun.