Sunday, August 8, 2010

Foodless Sunday

I did have a pretty cool cook planned for today but.......

The mom in law HAD to have Legal Seafood and wanted to go out. Of course the wife and I just had steamer clams and lobster rolls yesterday up at the beach! You gotta do what you have to sometimes. I think I will do the cook next week instead, and it is going to be funny, I guarantee it.

Clip Collage
To make up for the lack of food pictures, here are a few clips from various films or just funny things.

"Network" Rant
Awesome rant, and fits today's mess as well:


"People Always Say the Same Thing"
Anton Chigurh meets Carla Jean at the end of "No Country for Old Men":

That guy is scary!

Guy hit in head with .50 caliber ricochet
I have no idea if this is real, but it looks real:

OUCH!

"My Father Didn't Think So!"
George Bailey's classic speech from "It's a Wonderful Life":

One of my favorites.

Must See
If you have not seen the film "Breaking Away" (1979) then you are really missing a fine film. Go get it someplace and watch it, you will not be disappointed. Here is the old trailer which does not do the film justice, and the sound is miss matched as well:

Wonderful film.

Tannhauser Gate
One more, the "Blade Runner" finale:


Have a good night.

4 comments:

EconomicDisconnect said...

My rib cook submission is here:
http://bubbakeg.com/bboard/index.php?topic=2528.0

Hope I win!

Anonymous said...

"Im mad as hell, and Im not gonna take it anymore!!!"

And yet "take it" they did...

Dave in Denver said...

GYC, who wears the pants in your family?

Your rib submission looks awesome.

EconomicDisconnect said...

Anon,
indeed. We have been taking it for a long time now.

Dave,
hee hee! I just keep my head down and do what I am told. I find this works well!

I cannot say which ribs are mine until the voting is done, but at this point mine are not in the top 2 vote getters. I did get some votes though!