Friday, October 6, 2017

So, Where Have I Been?

Well, of course, I have been where I am!

It's been a good few years away from this blog. I do miss some folks terrible, and I sort of miss things financial.

But, life goes on, moves in ebbs and tides.

The job I landed a while ago is really about the best place I can be. I dedicate plenty of time to that.

"Christine" the Camaro is fine and good and now as I don't driver her much (too long of a commute with a now heavily modified muscle car) so she only has 15k miles.

I have developed a true love for Japanese swords. Not the reproductions, but true hand made early era nihonto that are hundreds of years old.

I have 2 as of now and if I post at all here, it's going to be about nihonto and my study of the art.

Some pictures to start a post:


I don't know how much I will post or if I will at all, but wanted to share.

Have a good night.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello GYSC long time no see. I am the occasional financial snarker at you, but mostly and unmercilessly at our mutual friend Jeff, from the housing time bomb.

Every so often I come back to the old blogs - its a real learning experience to read the old comments. There was so much fear and painc in those days, many of the comments were at best unhinged.

In hindsight, the great thing about being here in 2017 is that we can look back and realize how so called FUD (Fear anger and doubt) drove us and our commentary. Also, I think that the most ardent commenters were not those who knew the most, but were often the most triggered by FUD, and it was a catharsis for them to speak.

Also interesting is to go back now and realize we were all consuming "fake news" before there was a name for such a thing. Zero Hedge, Market Ticker, Automatic Earth - pretty much all of them peddled in FUD and we dutifully lapped it all up as if they were somehow "in the know" any more than the rest of us were.

Well glad to see you have move on in your career and your interests. Despite our occasional scuffles, I always thought you were one of the good guys. Stay safe and watch out for the robots!

EconomicDisconnect said...

Hello Anon!
I remember you for sure! It was the good old days LOL

I would agree many (me included) were over the top at times, but in my own defense I wanted real change that only could come at the time. Never dreamed it could all be papered over and made ok, out of thin air. Lesson learned! I appreciate that you thought I was one of the good guys, thank you.

Financial stuff was never my career (Scientist) and if you look at some recent (sort of posts) you will see all kinds of stuff. I love japanese swords though, it's really in me now. Thanks for stopping in and leaving a comment. Have a great weekend.