Thursday, April 10, 2014

Read a Book You Electronic Crazed Fools

Just as an example.....

"No Country for Old Men" is a new era classic, I love the film like you can't believe.

But pick up Cormac McCarthy's novel and its better ( or the film is lacking).

Check this out:

I'd make it worth your while. Take you to an ATM. Everybody just walks away. There's about 14 grand in it.

Good payday.

I think so.

Chigurh looked out the window, the shotgun across his knee. Getting hurt changed me, he said. Changed my perspective. I've moved on, in a way. Some things have fallen into place that were not there before. I thought they were, but the werent. The best way I can put it is that I've sort of caught up with myself. That's not a bad thing. It was overdue.

It's still a good payday.

It is. It's just in the wrong currency.
Just as it is in the novel. What an epic line, and adds so much understanding to Anton's character.

Have a good night.


1 comment:

GawainsGhost said...

There are two movies that are better than the books, Gone With the Wind and the Godfather.

Talk about classic lines.

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

"I'll make him an offer he can't refuse."

But probably the most quoted line in film history comes from Casablanca, which unlike the above two was not based on a book. It was actually a unublished play first, until the screenwriters, the director, and Bogart and Bergman made it into a classic.

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, and she walks into mine."

I love that movie. I think it's one of the best films ever made.

But if you want to read a book, pick up something by Kahlil Gibran. A Tear and a Smile would be a good one to start with.