Sunday, March 7, 2010

"Zombieland" Song and Some Others

I trust you have all had a good weekend? It was 55 degrees and sunny here all weekend and the Spring air smell was in full effect. Nothing can stop the warmer weather from coming now, but the Northeast may still try a few cold snaps or storms anyway.

Amazing Song
Last night the wife and I saw the film "Zombieland" and it was really great. I recommend it 100%.

There came a point in the film where there was a song playing and I had to rewind the scene a few times to listen to it. I LOVE this song and it took me a little while to figure out the tune from the soundtrack listing. If you care to, take a listen to "Two of the Lucky Ones" by The Droge and Summers Blend:

Wow, just wow.

It seems some of the readership here are Psychedelic Furs fans so I checked out the recommended tunes of "Pretty in Pink":

and "Ghost in You":

Not too shabby!

I wanted to close by saying that Julius Peppers is a total moron and enjoy Chicago Mr. "I just want to win, but really I want big money". Good luck in the playoff hunt.

Have a good night.

9 comments:

watchtower said...

Whew, finally made it back from another visit to the relatives, no non-spousal extracurricular hotel activities here : )

'Two Of The Lucky Ones' is a good song, I don't know how to categorize that song but it's good.

Is there anything better than finding new music that you enjoy?

Well, maybe not better than you know what, but still, it's up there.

EconomicDisconnect said...

Watch,
that song has hit me very hard; cannot stop listening to it! Very moving.

I hope that was not a beeeeeteeels reference!

Stagflationary Mark said...

GYSC,

I quoted Zombieland earlier today in the comments on my blog. I'll share it here too.

There's a place untouched by all this crap, lol.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1156398/quotes?qt0995098

TomOfTheNorth said...

Hey Connected,

I enjoyed the Droge & Summers Blend. Along similar acoustic music lines, I spent a long day out on the ice yesterday. Fishing was slow but it was an amazing day. Was t-shirt weather by 11:00. I ended up with a mild sunburn - so naturally I had to play "Burning In The Sun" by Blue Merle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoWA_Lr6aoQ

Summer's comin'!

EconomicDisconnect said...

What did you catch through the ice? Will not be too long until I can get out on the water.

sedentary state said...

Isn't it pretty cool how Greece's problems just went away, like , POOF, all clear again.

Just like how the US crisis went away so completely last spring thru fall that it left most thinking the whole thing was just a figment of their imagination.

Something tells me the piper will be coming back this way, and he's gonna be PISSED!!!

EconomicDisconnect said...

sedentary,
I was thinking along the same lines myself.

TomOfTheNorth said...

The fish of choice this time of year is Crappie. One small sunfish was also caught. Although we didn't catch any walleye, bluegill or northern pike yesterday, they are also common in this lake partially on my north 40. I've got shoreline on another lake on my east 40. Walleye, crappie, large mouth bass, northern pike, sunfish, bluegills. The lakse are connected by a small channel- a canoe or small row boat can get thru....too much fun.

Anonymous said...

Free information about penis enlargement products, how it works, price of products, top products, and review of penis products. Visit http://www.buypenisenlargement.com
- male enhancement - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pobXsnw7CWs