I have been pretty busy here. I changed jobs again. I got a very significant new position (monster pay raise!) that is a major step up for me in my career. It's a great fit at a top 2 Pharmaceutical company and the program I am working on is one I truly think is where the best new medicines will come from, natural products. Can't say more than that, but I am excited.
Any excited has been damped with the news that the mother in law has inoperable kidney cancer. It came out of nowhere and she has already had serious issues even though she had no symptoms before. It's ugly and not looking good.
I had some plans to do some modifications to my Camaro "Christine" but until we get a better handle on how things are going to work out around here, it's not a time to have fun it feels like. After the longest winter in history, now it's a year without a summer.
Just wanted to stop in and say a few things about this and that.
Friday Observations and Musings
- Can you believe this Greece thing? This has been going on for like 4 years!!!
- I am one that abhors central banks and being beholden to money and banking like it's some spiritual need above all else. You gotta love how they are operating right now though. For YEARS a few have told all that all these things were going on and they were dismissed as crazy. Now they are just right. What do I mean?
- Greece holds a referendum on the stupid bailout stuff, the people say they don't want it, and now the bankers are going to get what they want anyway. Democracy? Not anymore. It's not just Greece folks, we did it and are doing it too.
- LOVE China suspending stocks, making selling illegal, and pushing and endless load of "liquidity" at their
- No one writes better about the real angles of all this than "The Automatic Earth" and I would ask you all to swing by there and check out the new site. If you would like to donate a few $, that would certainly help. Check out this last post about the Greek drama.
- I see dumb China peasants losing their ass in the markets, Greek voters and especially youth being robbed of their vote and their futures, and a swath of people all over being passed by and over. I think of a quote from the great book "Robopocalypse":
"It is not enough to live together in peace, with one race on its knees."Race, in this case is not regional or color based, but the division of have and have nots. And what the haves keep doing to stay there is getting old for many.
- Archos R-14
- Deflategate is a travesty, fuck the NFL with relish.
- I finally watched the series "Game of Thrones" and while I don't think it's the orgasmic masterpiece many do, I did like it. I LOVED Sandor Clegane, "The Hound":
Cannot Embed, click on over for a great video
"You lived your life for the King, your gonna die for some chickens?"
- I got the new Galaxy S6 phone and I guess this whole era just passed me by. It's a phone. It does crazy stuff if you want, but I don't need it to. Looks nice though.
- I don't look at charts much at all anymore, no point really (all go up and to the right now, unless it's a commodity) but I did look at gold and silver today. Holy mother, what a mess both of them are. Totally ugly and broken. Long time readers know that I have a firm belief that when the fake money/debt gets called out (Greek debt is fake, almost all of it, it's not real as an example) gold and silver are going to roll or they could even go lower but you can buy a state with a little. From a technical look though, wow run away fast!
- Arianna Grande was not mad about United States obesity, she is just another millionaire pop star loser. Why our culture lavishes riches and interest in children that get naked on stage and lip sync I will never know, but hey it's their dime. I thought shows like American Idol and The Voice would show that just about anyone off the street can do this stuff, instead it's made it worse.
- John Snow had better come back next season or I may well lose my mind
- I so miss the Triumvirate of intelligence, wit, insight, and common sense that was Minyanville's Todd Harrison, Keven Depew, and Mr. Practical. Compare and contrast with the clowns of today, it's just unreal.
- All the apps and social media are going to rob many a person of quite a few years of their life that they are going to want back later on. You can't get it back.
- Read Neil Gaiman's "American Gods", you will not regret it.
- Read a book and get off the phone games and Netflix streaming poison to your mind. Better yet, go outside (prefer outside of a city) and do something, get real quiet, and listen. There is a whole world out there.
Maybe one song in the tradition of Friday Night Rock Blogging.
I actually heard this in blips and thought it was a joke song. When I gave it a chance, it's really sad and I like the tone of the music. Try out Tove Lo's "Habits (Stay High)" for something a bit different:
Have a good night.